- This event has passed.
MAIA: CRIS Property Insurance for Contractors
October 11, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS®) program is a specialized curriculum focusing on the insurance and risk management needs of construction projects and contractors. Anyone who designs, sells, buys, or underwrites construction insurance programs should consider taking the CRIS program. This course in particular focuses on builders risk and contractors equipment insurance, including suggestions for maximizing the effectiveness of the coverages. It also includes a review of important concepts with respect to insuring the contractor’s office or other permanent property. Topics include covered and excluded property, covered and excluded perils, covered parties, and alternative methods of reporting covered values. Various policy provisions that impact the scope of coverage – such as subrogation, occupancy, and cancellation – are also examined. Suggestions for modifying coverage to address potential coverage gaps and other problematic provisions are provided where appropriate.
This course is part of a National Designation program called the Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) program. Each program can certainly be taken as a standalone class, but if you are interested in seeing the courses involved and earning the designation, that information can be found HERE.
- Property Risks and Insurance Overview
- Commercial Property Insurance: Insuring Agreement, Covered Property, Covered Locations, and Additional Coverages
- Commercial Property Insurance: Covered Causes of Loss and Other Important Provisions
- Commercial Property Insurance: Time Element Coverage
- Builders Risk Coverage: Covered Property and Additional Coverages
- Builders Risk: Covered Causes of Loss
- Builders Risk: Other Important Provisions
- Builders Risk: Delayed Completion/Soft Costs Coverage